Today we got the nosecone glued in and made some modifications...
There is a plastic ring near the rocket motor end of the body tube. We thought this might bind up on the launch rod, so we attached the launch lug to a scrap piece of balsa, creating a small standoff.
The "hinges" were plastic tape that we didn't care for, so we opted to use model airplane hinges instead. These were glue on with medium viscosity superglue and seem to be very well attached.
A test hinge was used with this same method and when we tried to do a "destructive test" on this hinge, it ripped off parts of the balsa, itself, indicating a sufficiently strong bond.