This rocket was inspired by the fins on an Apogee Skonk Wulf which kind of look like shark fins. That lead me to building a hammerhead nose cone.
I used a couple of techniques on this rocket that were new to me: Papering fins and Through The Wall (TTW) fins.
The fins are 1/8" balsa papered using Elmer's White Glue and 61 lb Staples double sided matte paper.
The nose cone I turned on my wood lathe from a pine 4 x 4. The hammer portion is made from a pine 1 x 3. The hammer is a tenon fit into the nose cone affixed using Gorilla Wood Glue. There's quite a nit of surface area for the glue, so it's quite strong.
This rocket needs a lot of nose weight. I ended up using a 3/4" Machine Screw that threads into the bore of the nose cone.
Power is via a composite 29mm motor, another 1st for me. Parachute is 28" rip stop nylon.
Stability calculated using Open Rocket software and verified via a swing test.
Link to build thread: (1) Lakeroadster's "Hammerhead Shark" | The Rocketry Forum