First rocket I built by myself to develop skills as a rocketeer getting into some serious stuff. My main goal with this build is to be able to successfully paint a glossy, white body tube. This goal was attained, but I learned that I needed to go ahead and put the balsa wood fins on before painting the tube to avoid scraping excess paint from the places where the fins need to be glued. Decals were placed on the fins and body tube and look superb. This rocket was designed to be a payloader, launching an egg. My goal is to launch a flight computer recording altitude, barometric pressure, temperature, and a real time clock to record to a microSD card conditions of the flight. This was all developed from an Arduino Nano board.
Both chutes deplyed. Lower than expected altitude of 365 feet based on simulations possibly due to drag created by camera mount. Camera didn't record possibly due to 97 F heat plus heat from camera 808 #32. Was great having my son, Callen and his new friend, Jordan retrieve the nose cone payload and the body tube. This was a successful flight. Jolly Logic Altimeter One used to measure altitude.