This rocket has an interesting recovery. It has a parachute and a streamer. I think it's kinda cool.
This rocket was in a plastic bag. All the parts were there and none were broken. It consists of: nose cone, 3 balsa fins, streamer, 12 inch parachute, shock cord, paper shock cord mount, launch lug, 2 centering rings, decal sheet, engine hook and a BT- 50 body tube. The instructions were typical Estes. You know, tons of illustrations, really easy to follow, etc.. It was a snap to build. Everything fit perfect and it was very sturdy. I've launched mine 14 times so far. It takes the same stuff all the other rockets do. Hobby knife, glue, sandpaper, etc., etc..
This rocket looks great and is easy to finish with some primer, black and red spray paint and some sandpaper.
Construction Rating: 5 out of 5
Estes recommends 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7. I used a B6-4 for a while and it was perfect every time. I now use C6-7's and it goes out of sight.
With a sheet of wadding and an engine it's easy to prep. A engine hook holds it in so it doesn't eject out the back or through the top. It has flown straight up an landed 50 feet from the pad. No cons. Everything was a pro. Landing was soft and slow.
Flight Rating: 5 out of 5
Pros are that recovery was slow and soft, but not slow enough to go to far.
There were no cons.
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
I bought my original Wildfire from Ebay for the sole purpose of canibalizing the nose cone to clone a Satellite Interceptor. One night while bored I decided to build the rest of the rocket which I mated with a PNC-50 nose cone that I had no other use for at the time. When finished, I found that I had anything but the disposable rocket that I anticipated, and finished the paint and decals ...